Sunday, July 31, 2011

And The Hits Just Keep On Coming.....

Day Nineteen - July 31: Milwaukee, Chicago, back to Milwaukee, and now Nauvoo

This is Anner. I'll keep things short and simple.

Chicago was awesome.

From the top of the John Hancock tower.


The food was good.

Garrett's Popcorn...cheddar and carmel corn mixed.  Eat it together...yum!

Diiner at Harry Caray's.....we walked out STUFFED!

The skyline was amazing.



Wisconsin was green.

A deer just beyond the Becker's garage.


The people we stayed with were really sweet and had a beautiful Australian shepherd, Lucy. She was my buddy the entire time we were there. She loved me.

Illinois is so humid, but I love how historic Nauvoo is.



Even our hotel belonged to a Mormon man in the 1840s.




It's so cool to think that the roads I walk were once occupied by others years and years and years ago, and it's fun to think about who they could have been. Was one of them an ancestor? A modern-day apostle? The prophet? Questions like that give me goosebumps. :}

I am tired. I haven't gotten a good night's rest in a while. I really love doing this, but it really strains the energy I don't have. I need about 24 hours to hibernate and be a typical lethargic teenager.

I'm going to do baptisms for the dead in the Nauvoo temple tomorrow morning! I'm so excited!!! I will have so many bragging rights when I get home.
:D




(This is from Mundo)

Today we got into Nauvoo and saw the Nauvoo Temple, and were able to take some pictures there.



Now about Wisconsin we went to the Wisconsin Dells and went to the biggest water park in the U.S. Noah's Ark scratched my back up really bad, but we (my dad, and I) went on alot of water rides. My favorite ride was Time Warp.



After we went to the Wisconsin Dells, we went to Green Bay, Wisconsin and went to Lambeau Field and took the grand tour of the stadium and even went through the tunnel which when you crossed  a sensor it would make noise like your the players that are going through the tunnel which was pretty cool!



After Lambeau field we were heading to Milwakee, Wisconsin, there we stay with my Dad's childhood Bishop . We stayed there for three days. 

Scott with Barb and Don Becker


One day was in Chicago, Illinois and had city passes with one of my dad's tutoring familys give them to us, and we had awesome hotels. 

The Parents Room...


The Kids Room....


We then went back to Millwakee, and saw my dad's old house and neighborhood.




Gotta go! So Mundo out!


(This is from Noodle)


In Chicago,we went to a hotel.

The John Hancock Tower from our room in Chicago


In Milwakee we went to Sister and Brother Becker's house.

Before that we went to Lambeau field.We went through a tunnel which was pretty cool. We were shouting, "Go pack go!"

At a rainy Lambeau Field (at least it wasn't snowing!)


Gotta go Noodle out.

(This is Venessa)

We have had a jam-packed several days.  The kids left out a few things, so I'll just add them here.

While in Chicago, we were treated like royalty and spoiled rotten and ate waaay too much and too well...plus we were able to see lots of great things in less than 24 hours.

We got to go on the Sea Dog speed boat ride and see Chicago from the lake.  The pics aren't that great, but it was a ton of fun.  Noodle loved it most.




We went to Shedd Aquarium.


 A beluga whale...one of my favorite animals.
I took a picture of everyone taking a picture...

Red Poncho at the Aquarium

We also went to the Planetarium (but I was getting tired and didn't get my camera out).  So you just have to trust that we did go there.

After we were done in Chicago, we met up with Scott's brother and his girlfriend to see a Brewers game at Miller Park in Milwaukee.  It was great fun and the best part is that the Brew Crew won!


Geoffrey and Molly

Scott and Geoffrey



While in Milwaukee, we were able to attend a reunion of the ward that Scott and his family came into when they were baptized.  His former bishop had a slide show of the memories of that time.  I snagged a few pics of Scott in his 'glory days' from the slide show.




Man, was he hot back then or what????!!!!

The cute couple we stayed with in Milwaukee was wonderful and loving and our family will be forever blessed by the few short days we were able to spend with them.  The Becker's will always hold a special place in our hearts from now on.

So, from here, we will be in Nauvoo tonight and tomorrow night.  Then, it's a trip to Carthage, Illinois and up to St. Louis on Tuesday.  This vacation is just so full of things to see and do....and I'm really getting tired.  I'm with Anner.  I'm pooped.  I'm so happy we're doing this, but I'm starting to miss home, my bed, my Puppy-Butt dog and living out of a duffel bag is starting to get a bit old.  But I'm going to do my best to enjoy this last week and continue to document the memories we're making.  For now, it's bed time!

Next stop (in two days): St. Louis, Missouri

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, you guys are almost home! What an amazing opportunity!

    ReplyDelete