Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Animals, Things That Spew, And A BIG Waterfall

July 19 - Day Seven:  Belgrade, MT.....and Yellowstone National Park

Notice what else is in the picture!!!

Oh... I'm the first to write? Ok then...
So I'm Anner, and I was offered to write a portion of the blog here. Since I've got my own blog, I'm kind of used to this sort of thing. But anyways!
So today, our family went to Yellowstone National Park. (Forgive me, not all events will be in order) We drove for an awful long time and arrived at the entrance. Me being me, I went for the flyers we were given. As we drove along through the park, we saw all sorts of wildlife; elk, buffalo, and a little chipmunk.



We went around Yellowstone and viewed a few hot springs, which really were cool until you caught a whiff of their steam... Whew! I still smell somewhat of rotten eggs.



Afterwards, we stopped for a bit for lunch right next to Old Faithful, which consisted of hoagie sandwiches. Me and Mundo were VERY excited for Old Faithful and wolfed down our sandwiches so we could leave (and wait... and wait...) early. For about 20 minutes it was "Yes... yes.... yes... YES..... nope..." as the water or the steam would rise just enough to get our hopes up, only to go back down again. Mundo was getting anxious and would say over and over "C'mon Old Faithful, be faithful to us." Don't get me wrong, I love my brother dearly. But he has a tendancy to keep riding a dead horse and overkill things. After a bit of "GAH!!! That's enough!" we continued to wait, and it was just about the time I shushed my brother when the water from the geyser rose... and rose... and rose... and before we knew it Old Faithful was there, steaming in her glory, 150 feet in the air.
It was magnificent. 'Nuff said. I took enough pictures to choke my inner tourist. I thought to myself after: "Man! God made some cool stuff!"








Once that was done and over, we loaded ourselves (once again... ugh) into the car to go on a "walk" to view a waterfall. The downward trip was very nice, and once we got there, the viewing platform was RIGHT THERE on the edge of the waterfall, so it was cool to see the water cascade down into oblivion. The rapids up to that point looked amazing, and had there not been a waterfall there, it would have been worthy of some true white water rafting (and considering I just came back from High Adventure in Moab, I see rapids in a whole new way... a totally amazing new way...) Walking back UP the trail was fun; it was all uphill (whoopee) and me and Mundo were panting by the time we got to the car. After another quick view of the waterfall (the walk was so much easier this time), rain driving us out, and a spectacular view of a male elk, we headed back for a two-hour drive home.
Words cannot describe how amazing today was. It was just.....
WOW.
But that's all for me.
:)



Mundo:

Hello!!!! It is me the Mun-of-the-Do. It is the end of day 6 and going on day 7. MAN!!!!!! I can't believe it has been one week already!!! We just got back about 45 minutes to an hour ago from Yellowstone National Park. We saw Old Faithful blast off and MAN was it cool, it blasted off a hundred feet in the air easily. But when you smell the steam it smells like rotted eggs, or hard boiled eggs. After Old Faithful we went to watch the water falls. When we got there and saw the the falls and the DROP oooooohhhhh man when I saw that drop I fell like I was about to fall off it. It just freaked me out alot. Then we went to see that same water fall from a different angle but that drop still creeps me out.









Then we went home sooooo now I am here! But the lack of sleep is getting to me!:( So nothing much has happened today, but that nothing is surely something. Tomorrow we go we are going to Mount Rushmore.

TO RUSHMORE, OR BUST!!!! (I know were aren't going to bust!!)

Mundo out!!!!

Tomorrow:  Keystone, South Dakota.....Mt. Rushmore!

No comments:

Post a Comment