Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Tired Blogger's Post

Day 21 - August 2:  St. Louis, Missouri

So here's the rundown of today....

We traveled from Nauvoo to Carthage, Illinois to see the place where the Prophet Joseph and his brother, Hyrum died.



It was a somber experience.




The door of the room where Joseph and Hyrum was shot...the bullet hole that killed Hyrum is still in the door.


I'm grateful for his sacrifice.  He knew he wouldn't be seeing his family again, and yet, he followed God's plan for him and had faith that all would be well.

The yard into which Joseph fell.


I'm not sure I have that kind of faith.  I'm hoping that someday, I will.

One of the plaques that are in the Carthage yard.  I really liked this quote by the Prophet.

This captures the window that Joseph fell from as well as Joseph's testimony.


After Carthage, we drove to St. Louis, Missouri.

We saw the temple.



We went to the Gateway Arch.

Looking 630 feet down from the top of the Arch.

It's Flat Red Poncho at the top of the Gateway Arch!

Scott and me.....


We went to our hotel.

Two of my guys....they look very similar as they walk....definitely father and son!


We ate Panda Express for dinner.

We're going to bed early.

Hopefully.

Next stop:  Kansas City, Missouri, with trips to Liberty and Independence.

1 comment:

  1. Love Carthage! Somber is a perfect word to describe it!

    ReplyDelete